Cleaning Guide For Departing Tenants
Below is a helpful checklist for you to follow to ensure a thorough clean is done before you leave:
- Carpets vacuumed and where stains occurred during the tenancy the carpets must be professionally cleaned.
- Stove, especially behind stove. Griller and drip trays under elements to be cleaned. If there is a range hood then filters cleaned.
- All drawers and cupboards cleaned thoroughly inside and out.
- Shower, bath, hand basin and toilet cleaned. Bathroom cabinets to be cleaned. Grouting to be free of all soap residue and mildew. Shower recess to be scrubbed. Shower screens and curtains to be washed.
- Marks to be removed from walls and fly spots on ceilings and walls to be removed.
- All vinyl, tiled and wooden floors mopped.
- Windows and windowsills cleaned.
- Skirting boards cleaned with damp cloth.
- All cobwebs removed inside and out.
- All light switches and fittings cleaned. All light sockets have bulbs in working order.
- Log fires cleaned out. Heat pump filters dusted and cleaned.
- Oil stains in driveway and garage removed. Garage swept clean and free of rubbish.
- No rubbish to be left anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- Gardens tidied, lawns mowed. Garden waste and compost removed.
- All items of inventory to be accounted for.