“All the property management companies say they are the best so what’s different with you guys?”
At Champion Property Management you deal with a hands-on business that takes pride in delivering the best service. Owner, Mark Rumsey is the principal of the business, and he takes an active role in managing our clients’ properties.
Champion Property Management recommend you ask some very important questions when selecting a property manager – Questions to Ask A Property Manager Before You Hire Them
At Champion the person you speak to about tenanting the property is the same person you speak to about maintenance and the same person you speak to about rent reviews and account enquiries. In other words, the person you speak to knows everything about your property.
We are committed to providing a top quality service so that you can rest easy knowing your Nelson or Richmond rental property is in good hands. Not convinced? Take a look at our client feedback posted on this page.
Nelson and Richmond Landlords Looking for Property Managers
If you are new to rental property ownership or simply tired of getting the run-around from your renters, Champion Property Management can answer all your questions and concerns. Operating since 2011 we are the trusted experts in property management.
Our experienced team operate across Nelson, Richmond and Tasman so we are never far from your property.
As experienced residential property managers we are more than happy to discuss management of your rental property without obligation and without the hard sell. Whether you are new to property management or an experienced investor, let’s have a chat about your options.
Worried about the risks of methamphetamine contamination to your property?
Methamphetamine contamination is a significant issue. The overall percentage risk of your property being contaminated is low but the cost to you if it is contaminated is significant to say the least. We encourage you to talk to us about what these risks are and how we can mitigate them for you.
Compliance and Legislative Changes
Changes to tenancy law and the impact of changes to other legislation such as Health and Safety have had significant impact on Landlords’, Tenants’ and Property Managers’ responsibilities. The potential costs in terms of fines for getting it wrong are now in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Recent changes include –
- Changes to proof of contamination in the Tenancy Tribunal for methamphetamine contamination
- Liability of owners and property managers for injuries occurring at a tenanted property
- Changes to the law relating to tenant liability for damage to a rental property
- Higher standards for insulation and smoke alarms in rental properties
- Changes to the law relating to tenants abandoning rental properties
- Changes to the law around the giving of notice to tenants to end tenancies and when it is perceived to be retaliatory notice by a Landlord
- Wider powers for Tenancy Services to take Landlords to the Tenancy Tribunal for breaches of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986
- Changes to the law relating to Insulation requirements and asbestos testing of properties.
With these sorts of changes and likely more to come, the management of rental properties is becoming increasingly complex and risky for the uninformed. You need a trusted expert to manage your property.
Not sure what your property would rent for? We can help with a free rent appraisal.
Do you have a property outside of Nelson and Richmond? We do manage properties in the wider Tasman area such as Mapua, Redwoods Valley and Motueka. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Fed Up With Your Current Residential Property Manager?
It’s so easy to change to Champion Property Management – just give us the details and we will arrange everything for you, including contacting your current property manager to arrange the transfer.
Contact us to discuss:
- How we find tenants for you
- What service you can expect from us
- Vetting prospective tenants
- How we mitigate the risks of methamphetamine and legislative impacts to your property
- Rent appraising your property